Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Secret

When I went through my divorce a couple of years ago, a friend of mine lent me this book called, “The Secret”.  I had never heard of the thing before, but apparently it was actually quite popular and was turning into its own little franchise at the time.  The book was a bit hokey for me and I was uber-surprised that it came from the hands of that friend…meaning I was really taken aback that this person would not only have it on their shelves, but put enough stock into it to lend it out.

But basically, it’s no secret…it’s just a message of positive thinking.  Which is good.  People get trapped into negative cycles and it becomes so incredibly easy to find fault with things.  Much better for you and everyone around you to think in a positive manner.  To be sure, you’ll find your life is much better for it. 

So, as corny as the thing was, I read the deeper message and just basically make a conscious effort to think positively.  One of the other things I took out of that book was that in order to make stuff happen, rather than waiting for it to happen to you, is to constantly be putting it out there.  Somehow the mysterious vibes of karma pick up on this shit and start granting you wishes.  Now, I’m no believer of the hocus pocus, but hey…everything is worth a shot!

Normally, I would be a guy of the quiet mindset; be humble, play your cards close to your chest, knock on wood and don’t jinx stuff.  But today I’m going to try the other way of thinking.  The Secret way.  For the first time in my life, I bought a ticket for the Caritas Hospital’s Full House Lottery!  There’s like, 5000 prizes or something, so lots of opportunity.  And let’s face it, it’s a good cause to support anyway.  Now, rather than not saying anything about it, I’m gonna go with the thinking of “The Secret” and, uh…not keep it a secret.  I’m putting my vibes out there:  Let me win something!!  C’mon, lottery Gods…give me a prize!  I’ve been good…I’m a positive fella…make me win a house!

Or, at least the early bird prize of a rad AMG Mercedes!

No comments:

Post a Comment