Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Austin City Limits

Okay, well....I'm a big music guy, see.  Especially live music.  My girlfriend and I are lucky enough to share this passion and, even more luckily, push each other into different genres and tastes to expand those ever elusive musical horizons.  Sometimes this works well, sometimes it doesn't. 

I'm taking her to see Dave Matthews at the Gorge in a few weeks and about this, she is not excited.  She keeps suggesting I take someone else, someone that might get more enjoyment out of the show than her.  But, I will NOT!  See, it's not that she hates DMB necessarily; she just thinks they're okay.  But the venue, The Gorge...she has to see this.


On the other hand, the big one to look forward to is Austin City Limits in October.  At this 3-day festival, it just so happens that both of our very favorite bands are headliners!  That would be Phish (for me) and Sonic Youth (for her).  What more could we ask for?  Before you answer that, have a looky at the line-up:
http://2010.aclfestival.com/?sort=by_day

I am so looking forward to that, not to mention just the experience of going to Austin, TX.  From what I understand, it's a pretty rad city.

No comments:

Post a Comment