Thursday, September 30, 2010

From the World Of...

Okay, so first of all let me just get this out:  last night’s hockey was terrific!  To be clear, I’m not exactly what you’d call a “skill player”.  I’m more of the tenacious, Buchberger style of guy.  But last night I was on fire!  I had a new linemate who was on his first time out and we were just clicking….everything seemed to be working.  I had two beauty goals, a couple of assists off of killer passes (if I do say so), plus many more chances and shots.  And these weren’t plays of circumstance…my first goal was a clear cut breakaway where I just beat the goalie one-on-one with a shot 3 feet off the ice, inside the post stick side.  Passes were hard and tape-to-tape.  It felt so good!  Anyway, at the end of the night as we’re all piling back into the locker room Lorenzo pipes up over the crowd in a long drawl, “Briiiiaaan Fuuurrrman had the gaaame of his life!”  I was a happy cat leaving the rink last night.

I’m kind of hoping that we stay in this house mood that we seem to have found.  I think it’s starting to finally click in, all the things we have to do and the motivation to get them done.  It’s a frame of mind.  And a lot of it is fun at this stage!  Planning what we want to do, looking for ideas…shopping!  I’m forever making lists of things we need or projects to do.  Some are cheap and easy…some are much more involved.  The point being that no matter what the mood, what the day or how much time, there should always be something on the list that can get done. 

Tonight we have no Ruby…just Julie and I, so I’m pulling out my list of things to go shopping for.  It’s kind of like a date night when we’re child-less, so instead of going to the Empress and spending $100 on booze as we would normally do (heh, heh), I’m gonna take her out for dinner and then get out the shopping lists.  Trust me guys….shopping is looked upon as a fun date night by girls.  Here to help.

We’ve got a variety of things to look for.  From decorative items: floor lamps, artwork and picture frames, drapes…..to lovely furniture type things: ottoman, living room chair, sofa for TV room…to DIY projects like the flooring for the music room, hall closet doors, paint.  So again, no matter what the mood there should always be something on the go to keep us happy and engaged with working on the house.  I think tonight after dinner, it’ll be a trip to Finesse Furnishings to look around for some of those needed furniture items.  Even if we don’t find anything to buy, it’ll make a great evening.

By the way, as of today we’re one week away from leaving for Texas to catch Austin City Limits!  Wahoo!  Doing the weather checks, it’s hovering around plus 30 down there right about now, which sounds just perfect.  I can’t believe it’s only a week away now.  Here’s a link to this year’s lineup at the festival:  http://2010.aclfestival.com/?sort=by_day

1 comment:

  1. We still have a list Brian! LOL! It never ends... but really it is nice to get things done and we are such home bodies that now going out is an event!
    Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete