Thursday, November 4, 2010

Uhhmm....I dunno

I figured I should try and update this thing regularly, lest it ends up being a page that hops from Friday to Friday, flipping through an iPod. 

For Halloween, Ruby went as Ariel....pretty cute stuff.  A little disappointed because her mother cancelled out of bringing her by the house, so I didn't even get to see her dressed up.  Except for the ever reliable Facebook photos.  But Ruby had a fun night out with her pals, and bragged to me all about her candy haul.  When I was driving with her in the car a couple of days before Halloween, we were talking about her costume and I asked if she remembered what she was last year.  Of course, she knew the answer....Princess Jasmine.  Then I asked about the year before that, and she knew she was a witch.  Then she took over, "...the year before that I was a pumpkin and the year before that I was a duck!"  This is her fifth year trick or treating....and she remembers all four of her previous costumes to when she was one.  I dunno about you, but I thought that was amazing!  Memory like an elephant, that girl.

Julie and I went to a party at Lorenzo's shop and it turned out to be killer!  Julie sister and boyfriend came as well.  It was packed on all three floors all night long.  We got a little on tipsy side (heh, heh) so by the time we left at 2:00am or so, Julie led me into crashing a party that was happening down the street.  It was hilarious!  They all knew we didn't belong.  When this freakishly tall girl started asking Julie who we were and what were we doing there...Julie kept up the act of looking for her friend, Kim.  Kim, uhmm..Reynolds.  Yeah, Kim Reynolds.

We've been thinking about taking Ruby on a Disney Cruise over spring break in March.  It departs from L.A. and goes through the Mexican Riviera.  Sounds like the kind of thing Rubes would go nutso over!  I think she'd have a ton of fun.  And although not exactly the style in which Julie and I prefer to travel, we could do a lot worse than a cruise ship through beautiful waters.  It's just being on a boat for a week with that Goddamned giant rat....!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment