Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Behind closed doors

Uhhmmm...can "men" write about such things as decorating?  I mean, personally, not professionally.  Well, whatever.  Fuck ya' if you don't like it.  Getting things done on the house is something that's always on our mind, but recently we've kind of resolved to make a priority out of a couple of projects.  One of those projects is my music room....or man's den.


Julie has this really rad retro sixies couch, which is the centrepiece that the room is kind of going to revolve around.  One thing I think I've decided is that I'm going to make use of the closet as part of the room, rather than as a blasted closet.  Rather than have wasted space with bifold doors forever closed on it, I'm going to do something a little more useful with it.  What...I do not know yet.  But I do have a couple ideas.

Now, these pictures are just to plant the seed for you...rest assured it won't be like either of these.  Just wanted to give you an idea of the kinds of things a person can do with a closet.  I'm thinking more about putting the organ in there with shelves built in above and around it.  I dunno.....we'll have to see.

First things first....paint.  Then floors.  Think I've found the color swatches.  Now I have to make a decision on floors.  It's tough, man.  There's a lot of options.  Right now the room is right down to the cement, so I'm game for anything.  Nothing to rip out or cover up.  I think I'll post again on the floor ideas and let y'all in on what I'm thinking.  But for now I just wanted to claim:

CLOSET SPACE!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment